Thursday, June 28, 2012

Funny moments in breastfeeding

What many moms neglect to tell other moms, is how bizarre and funny the breastfeeding experience can be. It's not even having this little "pet" baby suck on the end of your booby, that's nothing. It's witnessing your body do these strange things, or rather, your boobs do these strange things. Seriously, there's MILK squirting out of your BOOBS! That's totally weird. Literally I have laughed out loud while I pump milk as I witness the stuff coming out of the boob at full force. Other funny things:

1. There were drops milk all around our room during the first month. In the first few weeks you will find yourself basically topless most of the time, there's hardly any point bothering to put on a shirt when you are on boob duty every hour. So, you walk around and leave a trail of milk behind you.
2. Once I was sleeping beside Baby J, woke up, reached over him to pick up my phone on a table beside the bed. On the way there SOMETHING latched on to my boob! It was like some 6th sense the baby, had, there's a boob coming at me! Wake up and grab it!

Photo credit: http://www.myspace.com/breastfeedingsupport
3. Several times, I turned over in my sleep and ended up sleeping either on my side or on my stomach. When I woke up in the morning the sheets beneath me were drenched in milk.
4. The experience of attempting to shove my milky boobs into an old bra was hilarious, it was like trying to fit a melon into an egg cup.
5. The bottomless milk duct. No matter how empty I think my boob is from pumping and nursing, when I squeeze on this one milk duct, milk goes squirting out and hits the ground 2 feet away.
6. Seeing the baby try to latch onto your boob through your shirt...funny. Seeing your baby try to latch onto your friend's boob through her shirt...funnier. Seeing your baby suck on daddy's nose in hopes of getting milk...funniest.
7. Babies will go through this phase where they're feeding and you're watching them, then they will look up, see your eyes, and smile at you with a big grin with your nipple in their mouth. Funny also.
8. Lately, my baby will be nursing on one boob and fiddling with the other boob. It's embarrassing in public but kinda funny at home. Not a behavior I encourage, but sometimes he just likes to have something to fiddle with and that other nipple is right in front of him.



No comments:

Post a Comment