Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Uses of Lampins

Cloth diapering aside (see my review on cloth diapers), I own a dozen of the traditional lampins or flat diapers that I never use for diapering. My OB told me to buy a few of these for other purposes, mostly to wipe off snot and spit-up, but I found that they have many other uses as well. These things are great as a go-to basahan because they are made of pure cotton, they are thin so they soak up liquids very quickly, and they are a better size than the pre-made burp cloths in the market.

Photo credit: http://glamomamas.com/2011/07/diaper-revolution-2/
Right now I have two of these wrapped around the top railing of Baby J's crib to keep him from chewing off the paint and ingesting it. I've tied one around the handle of his car seat when he was teething because he wanted a rough fabric to rub his gums on. I've used it as an ice pack to relieve his sore gums and my sore nipples from breastfeeding. It's big enough to be a blanket when you forget to bring one, at least until he hits the 6 month mark and outgrows this purpose.

Even without a baby, I think people could use a bunch of these in the house, they're better than kitchen and handtowels! They're expensive to buy for that purpose if you buy them at the mall but I heard they are extremely cheap in Divisoria.

No comments:

Post a Comment